CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

Sickness has been moving through the family for more than a week.  This weekend there was a lot of sleeping going on and not much else.

Today, I finally took Colton to the pediatrician.  Turns out, he is okay, but did have an ear infection.

Also turns out that the car battery went dead while we were in the office.  I go to the back of the van to find the jumper cables.  They are not there.  We are twenty plus miles from home.  Luckily, a dear friend was able to come over and jump start my van.  It took us a bit of time to figure out where to put the cables.  Especially since my battery you can barely see!  Once we did, my van started right up though.

Then, we had to go to Walmart to get Colton's antibiotics, and a new car battery.  We had to go all the way back out to the van, which was still running with Abri waiting inside, and see what size it was because it came up in the book that my van has two possible battery sizes.  You can't really see the battery in my van, of course.  I made a guess and I hope the one I bought will fit.

By this time it is 6:30 and we had to stop for fast food.

It was snowing the whole way home, and we finally arrived at about 7:30.  I left work at 2:15 to pick the kids up from school.

Colton wanted to take a bath the minute he got  home.  After his bath, Allee had a bath.  As she was getting out I looked at her armpit because she had a scratch there a few days ago.  It is a big rash now with blisters and raw areas!  Ugh!  Now, I have to go BACK to the pediatrician.  I SO wish I had seen this earlier and we could have had both kids seen at the same time.

Such is my life.

The one good thing, is that we saw a new pediatrician today, and she was SO great!  She even told me that it has been proven that a teaspoon of honey works as well for a cough as cough medicine!  I am going to have to give that one a try for sure.  Usually, around here, we just use hard candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment