CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Giving

Giving, not as in presents, but as in giving to help others.

Until recently, this was unfortunately not a regular in our life.

Back in March, I decided to change things a bit.  You see, at work, I receive a portion of "tips" that are divided between employees.  It is not a large amount by any means.  But, I decided to save it all and see how much I had at the end of the month.  Turns out, these dollars add up.  I had around $100 that had been given to me by the generosity of folks who didn't even know me.  And, I didn't really need it.

Ever since, I have been giving it all away.  I've been donating to different causes, mostly online, but sometimes in person if the opportunity comes up. 

Yes, we should be donating more.  A lot more.  But this is my start.

2 comments:

  1. Gina.......I love what you are doing and how much you are opening your heart to all.

    ReplyDelete